Friday, July 8, 2011

Hi

Hi.  My name is Ryan Nutt and I’m from Titusville, NJ.  I’m a computer engineering major…for what reason I am not really sure, but it definitely makes me sound smart.  I get asked all the time why did did come to Clemson and why would I you want to drive so far to get here.  First of all, it really isn’t that far.  Far is Russia.  I guess the answer to the question, though is that I don’t really know.  It felt right?  But it was definitely a solid choice.  If I had to pick a sole interest that was my favorite in life I would have to say music.  Just music.  Not limiting that to just creating it or listening, but music in its entirety.  The associations music can make with feelings are spectacular.

I’m in AFROTC because it is my ambition to be commissioned as an officer in the United States Air Force.  I am completely dedicated to this pursuit and am working exceptionally hard to get where I need to be.  I went through some rough times in the past and messed up a little bit on my way here, which is taking this goal farther away from possibility, but I’m determined.  School is not my thing, but if it’s the only thing that will get me to the place I want to be, it has got to be done.

If there is one thing I hate more than anything, it is school.  This sounds so typical and stupid, but I actually am a horribly inept student.  I’m not calling myself unintelligent, it’s just that I struggle with the format of it all and I have trouble asking for help…my ego doesn’t like it.

I like this picture because it shows a little more laid back side of me.  I love golfing, but really golfing is about hanging out with people you like.  Plus it was a nice day and I like warm weather very much.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully online school won't be so bad, Ryan. And you can ask me for help anytime. What kind of music?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, well I guess I worked that whole school thing up a little. But I'm diverse in listening to music, Incubus is far and away my favorite, but I have an appreciation for really talented people so I really like John Mayer too.

    ReplyDelete